What is Pay Per Click Marketing? Learn Best Practices
What is meant by PPC?
PPC is known as Pay Per Click or Cost Per Click. PPC is a model of digital marketing. Pay per click which is paid for each click to the publisher by an advertiser commonly associated with search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo. It is a digital advertising model to drive a direct traffic to the websites i.e. earning visits to the websites.
Advertisers can display ads for their goods or services through paid advertising. Simply defines as "increase the awareness of our brand and drive revenue".
PPC is calculates as:
PPC (pay per click) = Advertising cost / Ads Clicked
PPC marketing is also known as paid search marketing that comes under SEM (Search Engine Marketing) form. Different forms of search engine marketing are shown below.
- Paid Search Ads
- Paid Search Advertising
- PPC (Pay Per Click)
- CPC (Cost Per Click)
- CPM (Cost Per Thousand Impressions)
These forms are same for any of the paid advertising.
Search engine marketing platforms which are mostly in use are
- Google Adwords
- Bing Ads
- Yahoo Search Marketing
Each of this platforms has tutorial and steps to get started with search engine marketing.
Beyond this search marketing platform. There is 2 tier PPC advertising option in social networking sites are like
- Facebook Advertising
- Twitter Advertising
- LinkedIn Advertising
- Pinterest Advertising
With tier 2 ad networks, you can take PPC a step further. Here the ads are targeted based on the engagement of people. These social media networks advertising depend on audience targeting, ad types, budgeting.
Here are some best practices of PPC that improve your PPC campaigns:
- Focus on account structure.
- The success of PPC campaigns depends on SEO strategies. SEO plays a key role.
- Try to limit the use of broad match keywords in your campaign.
- Add negative keywords at the campaign level, ad group level of your PPC account.
- Add all possible ad extensions to your campaign with deep links to your website.
- Add the call to action in your ad text.
- Generate the weekly report for your campaign to measure performance.
- Try to avoid doing changes to your campaign every day because it will be difficult to measure the performance of a campaign.
- Analyze search terms of your campaign every end of the week and add them to your campaign groups as keywords if they are relevant to your business.
- Optimize landing pages content with your target keywords.
- Pause keywords with a low-quality score. Keywords average cost per click depends on the quality score.
- Adjust bids of your keywords based on the performance.
- Experiment seasonal campaigns.
- Optimize to pay for relevant clicks and best leads i.e. low budget high clicks and leads.
So, during setup of campaign use these best practices and optimize your campaigns and maximize paid search marketing efforts. Every PPC search campaigns are strongly related to SEO strategies. Advertise and optimize to generate more clicks to your website. Focus on growth and ROI of campaigns.