How to Learn Digital Marketing? Most Obvious Question for Beginners
The most obvious question whenever you think of Digital Marketing for Beginners is ‘from where to start now?’
There are two paths to learning Digital Marketing depending upon your needs, requirements, and resources available. You can either opt for:
- Learning from Digital Marketing experts Or
- Learn Digital Marketing: Self Study
Learn Digital Marketing: Self Study
If you decide to learn digital marketing by yourself, here’s how you can proceed:
1. Digital Marketing Blogs:
Digital Marketing is an ever changing and a foot up the career ladder, need to follow digital marketing blogs. Some of the blogs that are fresh with actionable information to improve your marketing are:
· The Moz Blog
· Neil Patel Blog
· Search Engine Journal
After digital marketing books, videos are the second best way to learn digital marketing. When you learn online marketing, it is important to understand brightest minds in the digital industry and with videos, the learning process is even more powerful.
3. Podcasts on Digital Marketing
If you want to learn while you workout, chill, commute from one place to another, podcasts are one of the best ways to do it. The podcasts will help you develop your digital marketing skills.
4. Digital Marketing Slideshows & Infographics
To Find it easy to learn via visual presentations digital marketing slides and infographics is another great way to learn about the what, why, and how of Digital Marketing.
5. Digital Marketing Books
Some of the top digital marketing books are:
· Digital Marketing: Strategy, Implementation & Practice by Dave Chaffey & Fiona Ellis-Chadwick
· The Power of Visual Storytelling by Ekaterina Walter
· Global Content Marketing by Pam Didner
· You’re My Favorite Client by Mike Monteiro
6. Free Digital Marketing Courses
There are lot of online courses where you can learn digital marketing for free (some of them are paid). Here are digital marketing courses for free that you can opt in for building your digital marketing career:
· Google Online Marketing Challenge
With more than 100,000 people from 100+ countries participated in Google’s Online Marketing Challenge, it is an online course with modules covering an introduction to Digital Marketing, search advertising, search engine marketing, video, analytics, social, mobile, and display advertising, making it one of the most comprehensive courses for beginners.
This free online digital marketing course will help you with real-world experience element.
· WordStream’s PPC University
Created by WordStream, it is a free online learning resource to help beginners build your digital marketing skills and PPC abilities. One good thing is that this digital marketing course is mobile-friendly so you can learn whenever you have time.
· Social Media Quickstarter Digital Marketing Course
Social Media Quickstarter by Constant Contact emphasizes opportunities to integrate email with social media marketing. It provides a step by step lessons where beginners can study digital marketing tactics for Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, online listings, review, and blogging sites.
· Moz’s SEO Training Course
This is one of the best courses for those who need a very basic introduction to the world of search engine optimization.
This course does a fine job in explaining different components of SEO for beginners have no practical knowledge.
Learn Digital Marketing: Comprehensive Study with Experts
At first, the self-study concept might seem attractive to you. And why not? You don’t have to invest much in terms of money and you have the flexibility to skip your learning session.
Talking about objectives, you first need to identify why do you wish to learn digital marketing?
· Establish a career in Digital Marketing as a Digital Marketing Manager, for instance. Then you should go for Digital Marketing by Experts.
· Whereas if you don’t wish to shift online but imbibe digital marketing values and practices to your work, then you can opt for self-study for Digital Marketing either by free courses available online or by going through digital marketing videos.
If you decide to learn Digital Marketing from the career point of view, then you must go to a leading Digital Marketing Institute and have expert guidance.
Learn from Online Marketing Experts Vs Self Study: Final Take
Both the paths are good to go but you need to align your take on the basis of your goals. Here’s an analysis to help you out:
If you study by yourself:
· There will be minimum or no money investment.
If you go for experts:
· You will have to invest some bucks.
· Have clear and structured guidance.
· Hands-on and practical knowledge of Digital Marketing domain.
· With expert guidance, you will have a strong foundation since experts will be there to guide you at each step.
Ready to Learn Digital Marketing: A Quick Checklist
Wish to learn Digital Marketing? Before you actually start walking on your path to digital marketing, here are top 7 Digital Marketing Skills you must have:
Since digital media industry is a competitive and fast growing areas. It is easy for businesses to differentiate between candidates who wish to learn more and who don’t want to step out of the comfort zone.
You need to have passion and a desire to succeed if you want to establish yourself as a digital marketer.
To have an edge over others, you need to keep yourself abreast with news by following influential people on social media and digital marketing sites.
As major companies like Facebook, Google, and Twitter regularly change their algorithms and paid advertising platforms, so if you are not acquainted with the latest changes, you might lose your chance.
Are there more talented people are you? If not, it is time to meet new people who will be your ongoing support network when you run into problems and help you with opportunities you might not have otherwise found.You can attend industry meetups and conferences in your area to establish and nurture relationships with other digital marketers and get professional understanding. Don’t forget to try your own projects.